29th CALIFORNIA SENIOR AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2020
Spring Valley Lake Country Club
13229 Spring Valley Parkway
Victorville, CA 92395
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will participate in an 18-hole stroke-play qualifying round.
- 84 players, including exempt players and qualifiers, will advance to the 29th California Senior Amateur Championship at Monterey Peninsula Country Club in Pebble Beach, CA on November 9 - 11, 2020.
- The final number of qualifying spots at each site will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- All ties at the qualifier will be broken using the USGA suggested method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures: Section 5A (6)).
There will be no formal registration at this event.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier.
- Starting times will range from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 11 a.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the Blue yardage and tee markers.
- Course Rating: 71.2 / Slope: 128 / 6,518 yards / Par 72.
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense.
- Call Spring Valley Lake Golf shop at (760) 245-7921 in advance of the date you wish to play. Practice rounds will be available starting on Tuesday, September 29th based on course availability. Green fees: $42 (weekdays); $52 weekends; cart included. Please identify your self as a California Senior Amateur qualifier participant.
- The driving range will be available by 7 a.m. on the day of the qualifier.
- Range balls will be provided compliments of Spring Valley Lake CC and the SCGA. Range balls will be set out on the driving range and due to the compact nature of the range, please ensure proper social distancing at all time..
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than thirty minutes prior to their starting time and must limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Snack Bar will be available by 7 a.m. for to-go orders
- Cash and major credit cards will be accepted for all purchases.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Automotive transportation is optional at the player’s expense ($20 for a single-rider cart).
- Players listed on the event roster at the time entries closed will have the opportunity to rent a cart. Given single-rider cart restrictions due to COVID-19, players who are capable and willing to walk should do so.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted but must walk and meet club dress code guidelines and are restricted to the cart paths.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures, click here.